Guatemala City North Mission

...let us labor diligently: for if we should cease to labor, we should be brought under condemnation for we have a labor to perform whilst in this tabernacle of clay, that we may conquer the enemy of all righteousness, and rest our souls in the kingdom of God. Moroni 9:6

Sunday, September 28, 2008

District Conference in Chulac






Chulac is a District located in the Polochic Valley. It is very remote requiring a trip of several hours on dirt roads. Yet the members are numerous, beautiful, humble and faithful. The church has provided them with stunning buildings which are spiritual beacons out in the natural beauty of the green lush forested terrain. The missionaries there speak Kekchi, so they were our interpreters as we visited with the Church leadership and members. We visited one member’s humble home who proudly placed a picture of Joseph Smith on the door as a symbol of his faith in prophet of the restoration.

2 comments:

John H. Curry said...

Thanks for this blog. I served in Chulac twenty years ago under President Romney. My five months there was the best of my mission. It's good to know that all is well there.

May the Lord continue to bless you on your mission@!

Unknown said...

I served in chulac/sajonte area. I have been home for about 8 months and happend to google places that I served in to show my family and found these pictures. These pictures made my day, especially the one with Pres.Ricardo and his family in Sajonte. I hope to return soon to visit these wonderful people that I will always remember. It is a blessing to see the work going on.